Sunday, July 6, 2014

Edwards County, Rocksprings Courthouse rededication, 7/5/14


Rededication ceremony.




Parade that followed the Rededication ceremony.




Aaron and a bag of mohair in front of the courthouse.




The newly restored courtroom.  All that's left to do is the floors - hardwood coming soon!




A poster advertising the weekend: PBR rodeo, fireworks, rededication ceremony, parade, dance, business decorating contest and more!  

It's fascinating how each town does their rededication a little differently!  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I'm so happy I found your blog! My fiance and I (who met at McNeil High School in Austin, TX (RRISD)) are starting to plan our wedding for next year and we were trying to figure out if there are any particularly pretty courthouses in the area. Mainly we were thinking of getting married in Williamson County, Travis County, Georgetown, or San Antonio. Do you have an opinion on which is the prettiest (from the outside & inside)? I'd love to get your expert opinion! Thanks in advance! -Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should have explained, we also attended college together and will have been together for almost 10 years by the time we get married. I feel like my original intro made it seem like we just met haha. I just wanted to mention the connection, since you live in Austin as well. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophia - I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to reply to this! Congratulations!! So you've chosen 4 really pretty courthouses - really different ones too - each of them are gorgeous examples of their type! My advice would be to visit them during the week and actually go inside - sometimes the most beautiful exteriors have sad courtrooms or interiors! Good luck and congratulations!!

      Delete